CASEing the Colours of Playing with Patterns DSP | CTC273

Welcome to another CASEing the Catty Blog hop, thanks for stopping by!!  This week we are CASEing the colours of the Playing with Patterns DSP.  If you’re starting here or joining me from Siobhan's blog, once again “WELCOME!!”

This week, I’m CASEing the card found on page 101, this card features the stripy dry brush effect sheet from the Playing with Patterns DSP.  For my card, I have used strips of cardstock in the same colours as the DSP.

I started off with a piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock (5-3/4” x 8-1/4”; scored: 4-1/8”) for the card base.  I took a strip of each Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Purple Posy and Night of Navy Cardstocks in different thicknesses.  Crushed Curry and Purple Posy pieces have been cut on the angle.

I stamped the patterned stamps from the Comfort & Hope Stamp Set on the strips of Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana in the same coloured inks.  I stamped the sentiment from the Celebrate Sunflower Stamp Set, in Night of Navy ink.  I adhered the Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana & Night of Navy strips with Tear & Tape Adhesive.  Then the Crushed Curry and Purple Posy strips with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

I die cut out the outline sunflower die and used Versamark Ink to cover the cardstock, then heat embossed with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder, I did two layers of emboss powder to make sure it was sufficiently covered.  I die cut out three leaves in Coastal Cabana, the solid sunflower in Whisper White and the sunflower centre in Crushed Curry.  I adhered everything together with Tear & Tape Adhesive and onto the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by, next up is Monique Fielder.

I hope we have inspired you to CASE projects from the Occasions Catalogue. So, please join us over on our Facebook Group.

Until next time... Happy Stampin',

Lauren

Comments