CASE the Sketch on Page 29 | CTC285

Hello & welcome to this weeks CASEing the Catty Design Team Blog Hop.  I'm excited to share my projects for this weeks challenge, CASEing the sketch on Page 29 of the August-December Mini Catalogue.



Like the three cards on Page 29, I have created a created a card for each level of crafter.  For my cards, I have featured the Tag Buffet Stamp Set and the ’Tis the Season Designer Series Paper.

Beginner Crafter

I started with a Shaded Spruce card base (8-1/4” x 5-3/4”; scored: 4-1/8”).  I took two strips of the DSP and a strip of Whisper White Cardstock (1-1/2” wide) cutting down to size.  I took another piece of Whisper White Cardstock (3-5/8” x 2-1/4”) stamping the sentiment and two of the branches in Memento ink.

I coloured in the leaves with Shaded Spruce marker, from the Regals Stampin’ Write Markers.  I adhered all the strips to the card front with Stampin’ Seal, and the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.  Finally, I adhered a Whisper White Faux Linen Ribbon bow to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Casual Crafter

I took another Shaded Spruce card base.  I adhered three strips of DSP and a strip of Whisper White Cardstock (1” wide) cutting down to size, with Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, along with two branches.  I coloured in the leaves with the Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Write Marker.  

I used the No Line Watercolour Technique to colour in the stocking.  I stamped the stocking in stamped off Sahara Sand ink onto a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock.  I used the smallest Water Painter, watercoloring with Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce ink.  I restamped the Memento ink over the top and fussy cut it out.

I adhered the sentiment with Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals.  Finally, I tied a piece of Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon around the stocking and adhered it to the card front.

Avid Crafter

I started with a Shaded Spruce card base and a second piece of Shaded Spruce Cardstock (5-1/4” x 3-5/8”) that has been embossed with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder.  Adhering to the card front with Stampin’ Seal.  I took three piece of DSP, one piece of Whisper White Cardstock and one piece of Brass Foil Sheet (1” wide) cut down to size. I adhered the five strips with Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals.

I took a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock (2” x 4”) watercoloring in Shaded Spruce ink with the largest Water Painter.  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  I stamped two branches in Memento ink.  I adhered the sentiment piece with Stampin’ Seal and Dimensionals.

I used the same technique to create the two baubles, colouring in Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler ink.  And restamped in Memento ink.  I adhered one bauble with Stampin’ Seal.  I tied a piece of Linen Thread around the neck of the second bauble, securing into place and adhering onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by, next up is Rose Packer.

I hope we have inspired you to CASE projects from the Occasions Catalogue. So, please join us over on our Facebook Group.

Until next time... Happy Stampin',

Lauren

Supplies Used:

Comments